How I get into Radiology?

Before I get into about the career and what we do on a daily basis, I’m going to give you just a little bit of background of how I got to where I am today. Because I know that’s from where all of you are starting from. Or most of you. So, way back in time, in 1989 I graduated from High School from Windsor Park Collegiate. 1989 to 1991 I went to the university of Manitoba for 2 years. Kind of us feeling everything out, wasn’t sure what I wanted to do so I decided, after 2 years, University just wasn’t for me. It’s not that’s not for everybody. For everybody. Just not for me. From 1991 to 93, I was a work in progress trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. And, believe it or not, I actually went to a similar type of career symposium. And discovered that this is where I wanted to be, was an X-ray Technologist. I went to Red River College for two years from 93 to 95. From 95 to 2000 I worked at various clinics in the city, rural hospitals doing some casual work. I had my first child during that time. And then, from 2000 until now I’ve been at the Health Sciences Center here in Winnipeg for 13 years. And now at the beginning of that I was a general duty X-ray Technologist working in the General Imaging Department which is where we do hands, wrists, chest X-rays, etc. And I did that for 8 years before I became the Clinical Education Coordinator or, easier way, Clinical Instructor for the Department.